Businesses, executives and professionals often face civil actions that could potentially ruin companies, futures and careers. Breach of Contract cases. Partner disputes. Payment disputes. Shareholder actions. Allegations of civil fraud. Civil proceedings brought by state and federal agencies – sometimes in conjunction with, or as a potential prelude to, criminal charges.
Our partners will work with you to resolve such matters quickly and effectively. And if you’ve been the victim of unfair or illegal practices, we will pursue justice – and just compensation — for you with equal zeal.
- Successfully tried a Plaintiff-side state court case for an individual in a breach of fiduciary case against his former business partners, ultimately settling the case in the seven figures.
- Successfully defended a hedge fund manager through federal trial, defeating all allegations of fraud brought by a disgruntled investor.
- Represented a Plaintiff who had been convinced to pay several million dollars for a pair of fine art paintings, one of which turned out to be a forgery and the other to have been worth far less than originally represented. After a high profile trial which generated substantial media interest, a Los Angeles jury returned a verdict of more than $3 million in favor of the Plaintiff.
- Defended two corporations and three individuals in a case in which two research scientists who founded a biotechnology start-up venture that ultimately failed due to lack of adequate capital investment sued to collect unpaid wages based upon theories of alter ego and single enterprise theory liability. After a nearly month-long trial, all five defendants were held to have no liability.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in adversary proceeding seeking damages in excess of $1 million for unauthorized transfer of ongoing business from debtor company to a related third party company immediately prior to filing for bankruptcy in an attempt to defraud its creditors. The case resulted in a significant settlement in favor of the bankruptcy estate.
- Obtained dismissal of action against business owner in dispute alleging liability for breach of contract and fraud.
- Obtained dismissal of action against small business owner in defamation action.
- Obtained extremely favorable settlement for defendants in celebrity publicity rights case.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in bankruptcy adversary proceeding seeking damages in excess of $1 million for pre-petition fraudulent transfers to company insider resulting in judgment in excess of $1 million.
- Represented Plaintiff co-founders of an Orange County, California based healthcare software company that had been acquired by large publicly traded company who then refused to honor the grant of stock options that Plaintiffs had earned over the course of several years spent building the company into a successful enterprise. Case resulted in a significant settlement for Plaintiffs.
- Represented closely held and family run financial corporation in suit against former lawyer and trustee for breach of fiduciary duty and related wrongdoing, resulting in a settlement in excess of $15 million.
- Obtained significant arbitration award on behalf of digital production company in suit for breach of contract and related equitable claims.
- Represented Irvine, California based pharmaceutical company in breach of contract suit against competitor related to licensing agreement for generic anti-viral product, resulting in favorable settlement in excess of $250,000.
- Represented major art insurer in dispute over coverage for paintings which mysteriously disappeared from museum upon return from overseas exhibit.
- Represented major home furnishing manufacturer in lawsuit against former manager for unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented family in multi-million dollar breach of contract and negligence action regarding complex three-parcel real property funding secured by deeds of trust.
- Represented clients in trade-dress, unfair competition, and antitrust-related litigation.