Holmes, Taylor, Athey, Cowan, Mermelstein & Jones LLP (Holmes Taylor, we or us) is committed to your right to privacy.
- You are not required to provide us with any Personal Data. Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely your choice.
- If you choose to provide us with data about you, you explicitly agree to the use of your data as specified in this Policy.
- The Site is intended for Users over the age of 16 or equivalent minimum age for providing consent to processing of Personal Data in the relevant jurisdiction. If you are under such age you should cease to use the Site immediately.
- We do not sell, rent, trade or give any Personal Data to third parties.
- If you have any questions or requests regarding the processing of your Personal Data, or would otherwise like to contact us in connection with this Privacy Notice, please send us an email to: [email protected].
The Information We Collect
If you subscribe to our updates or submit a form through the Site for purposes such as contacting a Holmes Taylor representative or employee, registering for an event, or inquiring about an open position, you may send us and we may collect personal information including your name, email address, phone number, address, place of employment, and other details.
We work with Thomson Reuters, which may collect data to assist our marketing efforts. Details on its privacy and data collection policies may be found at: Thomson Reuters Privacy Statement.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Holmes Taylor uses the information collected through the Site and from user submissions to:
- respond to your requests, questions, comments or concerns
- improve the performance of the Site
- improve our Services and marketing efforts
- identify and analyze trends and patterns in user activity on the Site
- send email updates or other information to subscribers
- comply with our legal obligations
Holmes Taylor does not sell any user or subscriber information to any third party entity. We may combine the personal information that you provide us with other information gathered from other sources. Any use of your personal information for a purpose other than those described above will require your consent.
Location of Personal Data Stored
All Personal Data will be stored in the continental United States, either on our web server, with our authorized third-party providers, in our web analytics database, or in the offices of Holmes Taylor, located in California.
Children Under the Age of Consent for Processing of Personal Data
The Site is intended for Users over the age of 16 or equivalent minimum age for providing consent to processing of Personal Data in the relevant jurisdiction. If you are under such age you should cease to use the Site immediately. We do not knowingly collect information on those users. Refrain from using this Site if you are not of the minimum age for providing consent to processing of your Personal Data.
Communication and Opt Out Policy
If you subscribe to our content or otherwise communicate with us through the Site or email, we will retain your contact information. We may use this information to reply to your communication or to send you requested materials, such as legal updates or other subscription content.
By providing us with your email and other contact information, you are consenting to receiving these communications from us.
You may opt out of future communications at any time.
- To opt out of email subscriptions, simply click the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of each email campaign.
- To opt out of other communications and to have your Personal Data removed from all our systems, contact [email protected]
- You may send us a request in connection with reviewing your Personal Data to: [email protected]. In the event any Personal Data is incorrect or outdated, you may update and correct such data by providing us with appropriate notification.
- You may be entitled to request the erasure or the restriction of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
- To the extent relevant to you and to the Services, you may be entitled to request the portability of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
- We reserve the right to retain any Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary in order to: (i) fulfill the purposes described herein; (ii) in the defense or assertion of legal claims and liability; (iii) for the analysis and development of the Site and Services; and (iv) to comply with applicable laws. Non-Personal Data and statistical anonymized data may be retained by us without limitation.
Holmes Taylor is a for-profit business. As with any such business, we may buy, sell, restructure or reorganize business assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, restructuring, dissolution or similar event involving the Holmes Taylor entity, we may transfer your Personal Data to a different business interest.
If you have any unresolved privacy or data use concerns that we have not addressed, please contact us at [email protected]
Future Changes to this Policy
We may update the Policy as necessary to reflect changes in our use of Personal Data and changes in legal requirements. No notice will be provided to users when the Policy is updated. We will post the date the Policy was last revised and posted. See “Effective Date” at the top of this page.